Kingston is an unincorporated community in Madison County, Arkansas located at the intersection of AR 21 and AR 74.
The University of Arkansas Libraries Special Collections [http://libinfo.uark.edu/specialcollections/findingaids/kingston.html] describes the founding of the Kingston Community as follows:
Kingston, Madison County, Arkansas, situated in the heart of the Ozarks in North Arkansas, was known nationally in the 1920s as a country life project. Rev. Elmer J. Bouher, under the direction of the Brick Presbyterian Church of Rochester, New York, was the leading force behind the Kingston community development, "The Kingsplan." The development included projects such as the construction of the Kingston Community Church; a community building, "The Institute," which housed the Kingston grammar and high school; and the Health Center. Rev. Bouher retired in 1929. He was succeeded, for a short while, by Otto E. Rayburn, who was then the school superintendent. Due to the financial difficulties, "The Kingsplan" experienced a sharp decline in 1930s. By the 1940s, the Kingston Community Church and The Institute buildings were torn down.
A map of Kingston shows the square as well as the Kingston Cemetery locations.