Well today is “I’m Not Going To Take It Anymore Day”! I feel like this is the perfect day for it! I started my day by falling as I tried to leave home for work! I am ok but it wasn’t the best start to my day!
“I’m Not Going To Take It Anymore Day” started with the scene from the move The Network in which the lead character has a tirade on the Evening news about how he isn’t going to take it anymore!
I am using this day as inspiration to stop letting everything bother me! I am going to do the things that make me happy and not be pushed into doing things I don’t want to do anymore! I am going to enjoy life!
National Bird Day is a day to celebrate the joy that birds bring to our lives through the infinite beauty of their colorful feathers and the wonders of their many songs! I personally love to watch the birds in my back yard. I don’t have a great variety of birds but their are some robins, wrens, cardinals and a blue jay!
Why National Bird Day?
- The beauty, songs, and flight of birds have long been sources of human inspiration.
- Today, nearly 12 percent of the world’s 9,800 bird species may face extinction within the next century, including nearly one-third of the world’s 330 parrot species.
- Birds are sentinel species whose plight serves as barometer of ecosystem health and alert system for detecting global environmental ills.
- Many of the world’s parrots and songbirds are threatened with extinction due to pressures from the illegal pet trade, disease, and habitat loss.
- Public awareness and education about the physical and behavioral needs of birds can go far in improving the welfare of the millions of birds kept in captivity.
- The survival and well-being of the world’s birds depends upon public education and support for conservation.
This is the reason for National Bird Day. Join us!
There is even a contest for the best bird photo including a prize of $100:
E-mail a picture you have taken of a bird in the wild by the end of the day Jan. 31, 2013, and you will be eligible for the top prize: a bag of goodies from our online store worth more than $100. You’ll also receive prominent mention on our website.
The Information above on National Bird Day is from The National Bird Day Website at http://www.nationalbirdday.com/index.php.
According to the World Hypnotism Day Official Site,
World Hypnotism Day, January 4th, was established to help educate the general public of the truth and benefits the timeless and natural process of hypnotism has to offer anyone. Movies and books of fiction have warped the perception of hypnosis, which is why World Hypnotism Day is a necessity in order for more people to understand the truth and use this natural, expedient and effective process for personal change.
I don’t know much about hypnotism as a method of changing anyone’s life but I do remember this funny show I saw in college when a hypnotist came to do a show. He had people taking off their clothes because they were too “hot” (not all of their clothes but one person did go a little farther than I think he intended! One guy was clucking like a chicken! It was a great show and this special day made me think of the memory!
Ask a Stupid Question Day!
Well this day its just made for me!:-)
Leave a comment with your stupid question!
My favorite stupid question its someone asking me what I am doing when they meet me in a store! Well, usually I am shopping!
Today is Ancestor Appreciation Day! This is a day to appreciate our ancestors!
Appreciating our ancestors doesn’t require any large commitment of time or money. Just spend a few minutes remembering the good times with grandma or grandpa!
Let’s all remember too that all of I our ancestors are not necessary dead. If you are lucky enough to have living grandparents give them a call or even better go see them!:-)
By the way your parents are your ancestors too so maybe a little appreciation for Mom and Dad probably wouldn’t be a bad thing either!!