OK Friends if you are with me watch out – I will find a puddle and splash you today! I wasn’t aware before that there was a special day for this before but I am willing to take part … I just hope you are.
(I do have one question though, what happens if it doesn’t rain today – do I have to carry around buckets of water to create the puddles to splash you in??? Maybe you could all gather in one spot so I will only need to carry one bucket for the puddle to splash you with!)
OK I have a way to celebrate this day … To cut my energy costs.. I think that the local gas stations should give me gas for my car at 25 cents per gallon! Anyone out there willing to help celebrate this day? Come on someone should really be able to celebrate this day with me … Anyone? !!!
Okay, on the surface this may not seem to be the best day for me to celebrate! I have murdered many a houseplant in my life including killing every houseplant my mother had when I was a teenager! She had to be in the hospital for a week and had me to water her plants for her (I still think this mass murder of plants should be considered her fault because she knew my history with plants but that is an argument for another day).
However, it is only Houseplant Appreciation Day not grow a houseplant day! I can appreciate houseplants (as long as I don’t actually do anything with them … or touch them … and I am not real sure about getting very close to them!).
Today is Elvis Presley’s Birthday. The King is still remembered and his music is still enjoyed today! I love his music especially his gospel and Christmas music. His voice was magical!
Well today is “I’m Not Going To Take It Anymore Day”! I feel like this is the perfect day for it! I started my day by falling as I tried to leave home for work! I am ok but it wasn’t the best start to my day!
“I’m Not Going To Take It Anymore Day” started with the scene from the move The Network in which the lead character has a tirade on the Evening news about how he isn’t going to take it anymore!
I am using this day as inspiration to stop letting everything bother me! I am going to do the things that make me happy and not be pushed into doing things I don’t want to do anymore! I am going to enjoy life!
National Bird Day is a day to celebrate the joy that birds bring to our lives through the infinite beauty of their colorful feathers and the wonders of their many songs! I personally love to watch the birds in my back yard. I don’t have a great variety of birds but their are some robins, wrens, cardinals and a blue jay!
Why National Bird Day?
- The beauty, songs, and flight of birds have long been sources of human inspiration.
- Today, nearly 12 percent of the world’s 9,800 bird species may face extinction within the next century, including nearly one-third of the world’s 330 parrot species.
- Birds are sentinel species whose plight serves as barometer of ecosystem health and alert system for detecting global environmental ills.
- Many of the world’s parrots and songbirds are threatened with extinction due to pressures from the illegal pet trade, disease, and habitat loss.
- Public awareness and education about the physical and behavioral needs of birds can go far in improving the welfare of the millions of birds kept in captivity.
- The survival and well-being of the world’s birds depends upon public education and support for conservation.
This is the reason for National Bird Day. Join us!
There is even a contest for the best bird photo including a prize of $100:
E-mail a picture you have taken of a bird in the wild by the end of the day Jan. 31, 2013, and you will be eligible for the top prize: a bag of goodies from our online store worth more than $100. You’ll also receive prominent mention on our website.
The Information above on National Bird Day is from The National Bird Day Website at http://www.nationalbirdday.com/index.php.